Thursday, June 14, 2012

Almost There



(Yet another Disney reference, I know I'm a bit obsessed.)

Anyway, I'm very close to completeing Belle and the Beast. I have to finish the ending and add in a couple more scenes, but for the most part I'm almost done!

Which is great, but also sad.

As Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite stories, it will be sad to leave these characters. I mean I have a long way to go before I get this published and I'll have more time to work with them, but when they are out in the world, I shall miss them.

I've been writing for a while, and I've never had this happen. I'm going to take it as I'm growing as a writer and am making my characters stronger. I hope it will be recieved well and am excited--but also nervous--about submitting my work to AW. I know I need to and the people on those boards are great, but also very honest. Which can be good, and then not so good. I know my opening scene needs work desperatly so it will be a couple of days before I post on there, but I'll let ya'll know when I do.

I hope everyone else's summer is going well. There have been a few bumps in the road in mine, but for the most part I'm pulling through. However, I'm looking forward to school in the fall.

Bye for now and happy writing everbody!

3 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT SARAH!!!!!! *cheers with pompoms*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on nearing the end. The great thing about AW is the critiques may seem harsh, but they're honest and what we need to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more Charity. It's just sometimes not what you want to hear lol. However, I'm very grateful for the advise they have all given me. Very wonderful and helpful people over there.

    Thanks, Rachel! Good luck with your own work.

    :D

    ReplyDelete