Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where do I go from here?

So I know I have to do tons and tons of editing on Belle and the Beast so that should keep me occupied for awhile. However, I also want to work on another story. I just don't know which one?

I have an idea on a retelling of The Little Mermaid that's fully fleshed out. I just don't get excited about it like I was about Belle and the Beast. I've heard the time period I want to sell it in--Civil War/Victorian--isn't selling well which makes me really sad. (I would have thought that would be selling like hot cakes because it's the 150 anniversary). Anywho, I also have an idea on a retelling of the famous Legend of Sleepy Hollow. But it's just a faint sketch.

*Sigh* I'm rather unsure of what to do next. I really wanted to take advantage of the week I have off in July and write at the beach.

Any thoughts or helpful advice?

1 comment:

  1. Write what you want, Sarah. I'm about done with this whole "your era isn't selling well" thing. If you want to write in the Antebellum/Civil War era, then go for it. There's always self-publishing, you know? I'm taking the plunge with "Rebel Heart". Good luck!

    ReplyDelete